Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Felon Spy



Enter a street address in the U.S., and Felon Spy will reveal names, addresses and convictions of felons living in the neighborhood. After all, you have a right to know who they are! The site is very professionally done, and the rhetoric rings true...and thank goodness it's just a spoof! I was suckered for about 15 minutes, checking out familiar neighborhoods in the U.S. and gaping goggle eyed at all the criminals out there. This is brilliant and hilarious, but also ominous! The comments at LifeHacker are interesting...many seem annoyed that the site doesn't work very well ("It's not very accurate. I know of three guys with felony convictions living on my road & it didn't show any of them.") I guess it's a commentary on our current state of affairs that anyone - even someone as gullible me - could fall for this!

2 comments:

  1. I think the site is bogus. I put in an address 2 blocks away and got a completely differently distributed set of names than when I put my address in. Not only that, it shows three people living in open range that has nothing but sage brush, jack rabbits and coyotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The site is a spoof. Pretty well done though. Very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete